Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 18, 19 and 20 - Ups and Downs...mostly Ups!

I don't have a lot of time to write this (at work!) but I wanted to jot down something because I haven't written in the last few days.  First, I'm still feeling strong about not drinking.  It's a blip on the radar...I do think about it but it's a taste thing, an association with relaxation and the feeling of warmth. But I'm still not "craving" it.

My appetite is amazingly controlled now.  Made it through my period without much of a craving at all.  Usually I want to eat everything in sight.  I'm still a bit more tired than usual during the day.  So far I've been attributing that to increased exercise.

The last few days I've been concentrating on focusing my thoughts away from my tongue.  Every time I feel my tongue burn or be dry, I put it away in a compartment and don't let it consume me.  It's a part of me that's not related to exercise, health and my journey.  It is...its own problem... unrelated to my detox.  It doesn't define me or control me my path in any other way.  It's just there.  I had a great conversation with Katarina that helped me form that outlook.  She said that I let things consume me completely and override other things in my life.  On that note, this saying resonated with me:



***The above was written on Wednesday and Thursday.  Finished today, Friday***

This morning (Friday) I found out that I'm down 6 pounds.  On July 1 I weighed  216 pounds.  July 11th 212 pounds.  And today 206 pounds.  I'm SO happy that I'm seeing progress.  I feel like if I wasn't I would be tempted to say "fuck it" and drink.  Next week (on day 25) we have our work staff retreat.  We will be doing a 3 hour rafting trip.  There will be alcohol during the trip and at dinner.  I've decided I will have a drink at dinner (probably a martini) and only a beer or two on the rafting trip.  Now that I've set my limits I feel confident I can adhere to them.  My tolerance will be low and I know that I will need to be careful.  After the staff retreat I plan to resume my 30 days and then do a liver detox. 

So as I look forward to another weekend without wine, I excited to see what my next weigh in brings.  Perhaps I can fit into some of my cuter summer clothes sometime soon!

xoxo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment