Chia seeds! That's how I started my day...with a smoothie that had lots of chia seeds. I combined carrot juice, chia seeds that had been soaked overnight, frozen peaches, strawberries and fresh blueberries, along with one cup of plain greek yogurt. It was delish. Lunch was a chinese chicken wrap. Yummo! I was extremely hungry today, probably because I didn't have oatmeal at work for breakfast. I have Boca burgers at work and I brought in kale salad but by 3:00 I was chomping at the bit so I made a mental note to shop out some more veggies and healthy snack foods. I definitely feel a drain from not eating badly and it's still a little rough not having that many carbs (although I had a wrap and a few bites of baked potato for dinner with dijon mustard instead of butter). Lots of little victories today. At this point I don't feel like drinking (that's good!) and I'm not obsessing over food. Today's hunger was a message to adjust my intake so that food isn't on my mind all the time.
So as night three is coming to a close, I'm happy and committed to my decision. Oh and I'm signing up for a 55 mile bike ride in October! Yay me! I like having a goal to strive towards and it will be a great way to mark my 43rd birthday. I went to Kaia last night and I have it tomorrow and Thursday. I'm still a bit worried about my knee, the tightness is gone but the weird pain behind the knee (like a rubber band snapping) is bothersome. Lastly, I'm going back to the nurse practitioner and get my tongue and vag looked at again. Nightie night!
P.S. I watched Food Matters and started watching Killer at Large too.
No comments:
Post a Comment