Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 14 - The Two Week Mark

Usually when I stop drinking, one day at a time feels like an eternity.  By day 7 I'm normally going out of my mind.  Restless. Angst. Want. Need.  You get the picture.  This time 14 days has gone by without much thought.  I get up every day, do what I'm supposed to do and don't put a lot of thought into drinking or not drinking.  At the store I don't sulk through the liquor aisles having an inner battle with myself.  I'm not compromising.  I've made amazing feats this past week in portion control.  But I can't take much credit, I do believe that not eating shit makes you not crave eating shit.  I am two days before my period and I'm not having the overwhelming desire to consume massive quantities of greasy, salty, sweet foods.  If I eat something that is high calorie (like the ice cream between two cookies sandwich I had at work yesterday to celebrate co-worker birthdays) I: 1) don't go back for more cookies/ice cream; 2) eat a normal dinner.  Instead I came home and ate a few bites of chicken, some granola and a handful of the kids fries. That was at 6:30 and I didn't eat the rest of the night.  I not only wasn't hungry, I noticed that I wanted to eat because I was bored, rather than because I was hungry.  I had my usual evening water with chia seeds and went to bed at 11 with mild hunger pangs.

It's not even about the alcohol any more.  Every day I work out feels like one in the bank.  Like I've stepped one stair higher to climbing to my goals. I'm still struggling with eating first thing in the morning.  I will work on that next week.  Today I'm going to have pool fun with the kids and get a little color.  I'm so happy with my progress and proud of myself.  Each day makes me more and more confident that I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment