Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 7 & 8 - This Weekend Was My Bitch



 

Saturday and Sunday.  Usually I sleep in, wake up with a headache, take an Advil, have coffee then...go back to bed. Yep, I barely had any stamina.  No energy.  Only a desire for 4 o'clock to come so that I could open that bottle of Chardonnay.  Yesterday I woke up and ate breakfast, had my coffee and was ready to go celebrate with Everett.  The challenge of the day was going to Chili's.  Usually I order a Patron Margarita.  But as difficult as it was to not drink, it helped to tell myself "I can have this, I just don't want it" rather than "I can't have that margarita."  It does wonders for the psyche.

Today I woke up at 9 (after going to bed after midnight) and felt like I'd gotten too much sleep!  That hasn't happened to me in forever.  I spent most of the day cleaning, organizing and fixing problem areas of the house.  Also spent some time at the pool midday with the kids to get a bit of color.  I feel refreshed, clear-headed and bright.  I feel like I'm more present with the kids, able to think and do things without a feeling of dread. My dreams are very vivid and I can actually read before I go to bed, rather than being too buzzed to do anything but fall asleep.

Tonight was probably the most difficult.  I worked hard around the house and it was hot outside.  I wanted margaritas from my favorite place.  Dennis got some beer and I was feeling frustrated.  I made dinner, surfed Pinterest and made sure my shows were recording.  Dinner is in the oven and I know once I eat I'll feel better.

I haven't been as strict with food as I am during the week because I needed something to offset the not drinking. But I didn't go crazy.  My worst meal was the lunch at Chili's.  I plan to get back to clean eating tomorrow.  It's easier at work, especially knowing I have Kaia.  I made it to 4 days a week of exercise this week.  I'd really like to get it up to 5:  two days of cardio and three days of Kaia.  Then I will feel like I'm doing as well as I was before my eye problem.  I'm just relieved that my body isn't being inundated with alcohol sugars.  I know that my liver needs this time to clean itself and really cleanse my body.

But what's even better is that I won't wake up on Monday feeling like a failure, feeling disappointed in myself and feeling groggy. This weekend was my bitch!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment