Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 2 - Goals

*Revision:  7/7 was actually my Day 2 since I didn't drink the night before either :) 

Today I am committing to not feeling like shit.  I started taking a water pill today to try to lower my blood pressure.  My tongue is whitish yellow and the tip is red and painful.  I feel like my body is fighting against sugar and alcohol and losing.  I just got a normal result on my recent mammogram and I feel like this is my chance.  I'm scared because I've failed before.  As soon as my body starts to heal I use that as a reason to resume drinking wine.  I watched the documentary Hungry for Change today and a phrase that resonated with me was Defend. Detoxify. Neutralize.  You can't lose weight until your body can do those three things.  You do this through a healthy diet.  Chemicals create toxins that bind to fat.  Our bodies don't lose fat until we get rid of toxins because if we lost fat we would die (chemicals wouldn't have anything to bind to and thus poison your body).  WOW.  I have never thought about that being a reason why our weight is "stubborn".  Here is my plan:

Goals

Juicing - Especially green juices
Eat breakfast
Look for vegan alternatives to cheese, butter and other dairy
Go meatless two days a week
No alcohol for 30 days
Minimize sugar and sugar-creating foods

Tools for Success
Journal each day
Walk Diesel in the evenings to combat boredom


Reward
Trip to L.A.

I'm excited and can't wait to see results from the inside out.  I want weight loss and feeling good to be a product of inner health through food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment