
This is the first time in *years* I've actually sat down and done resolutions. I guess it helps when you set goals for yourself months before the New Year. I feel as though I'm already halfway up the hill, rather than at the bottom looking up. After all, the hardest part is getting started, the rest is just putting one foot in front of the other every day before you have time to talk yourself out of it. So here's my 20 Resolutions for 2012:
1) Focus on the things that aren’t working in my life and make baby steps to fix them. Rome was not built in a day. Self-reflection is the key to improving oneself a little bit each day.
2) Research getting monthly CSA box.
3) Take a 15 year anniversary trip with hubby.
4) Pursue my weight loss goals by joining Weight Watchers, focusing on Eat-Clean Diet Recharge! and keeping my contract to myself to exercise 5 days per week.
5) Win Dr. Oz Transformation Nation.
6) House Upgrades for comfort and mental health: closet re-do in Master Bedroom, fix damaged floor, and counter tops (ambitious!). Upgrade refrigerator and Washer/Dryer.
7) Work on putting good out into the world through compassionate interactions, especially with those I love. Reduce judgment and if it’s not nice don’t say it.
8) Expanding on #7, seek solutions through honesty and compassion in relationships that are difficult or are not working.
9) Plan vacations! Monterey, Dillon Beach and #3.
10) Use my time more wisely, follow a schedule and use weekend time to do laundry, plan meals and keep calendars. Organization sets a tone for the week and will simplify our lives so we can focus on each other.
11) Pay off credit card debt ONCE AND FOR ALL.
12) Reduce alcohol’s presence in my life for the benefit of health, cost and mental well-being. Address emotional eating and drinking by being conscious of choices rather than passive.
13) Prioritize getting a new vehicle for hubby or I. Putting it out in the universe is the first step!
14) Practice Buddhism more in 2012 than I did in 2011. This means attending the Dharma when Rinpoche is not there and meditating on my own.
15) Make time to READ. Make time to WRITE. Blog more and grow Sunburned Mermaids.
16) Advocate for causes that are close to me: 22Q Microduplication and Epilepsy.
17) Try something new! Take a glass fusing, stained glass or other class(es) from University Craft Center.
18) Stop cussing so much, especially in front of children.
19) Believing is half the battle (Think, The Secret). Positive thinking opens all doors. Anything is possible.
20) I feel like there should be a #20 just for the sake of evenness. But for now I’ll just leave it blank as a symbol that anything is possible in 2012!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment